Mixed Vegetable Chicken Curry: A gluten free curry that is so easy to make that you will instantly fall in love with it. It’s flavor packed with all the amazing spices and the creaminess from coconut milk makes this curry one of the most comforting dishes.
Mixed Vegetable Chicken Curry
©Eazy Peazy Mealz by EazyPeazyMealz.com
Pin it to your Chicken board to SAVE it for later!
Follow Eazy Peazy Mealz on Pinterest for more great tips, ideas and recipes!
Hi all, I am Jyothi Rajesh, I write about easy and creative recipes on my blog, Curry Trail. My food is mostly influenced by my Indian roots. I live in Bangalore, India with my husband and 2 beautiful kids. After working several years in IT as software engineer, I quit my job to start my own company, offering Robotics training for children. Food has always been my passion and so I eventually forayed into food blogging, food styling and food photography.
A few recipes you will find on my blog are:
If you ask me, I say a nice real curry cannot be made using curry paste from a packaged bottle. The flavors, the spices that go in to making a good curry can be easily made at home using a handful of ingredients that you probably have already in your pantry. Freshly ground spices gives all the wonderful flavors and texture to the curry. And I highly recommend you use fresh ground ginger, garlic paste, and roasted and ground coriander and cumin powder in this Mixed Vegetable Chicken Curry.
Of course, when in a bind, any curry is better than no curry, so don’t beat yourself up for using a paste!
With this curry you can add any vegetables of your choice. For this Mixed Vegetable Chicken Curry, broccoli, carrots and potatoes pair well. You could also use cauliflowers, snow peas, and bell peppers too.
This Mixed Vegetable Chicken Curry is mildly spiced and the coconut milk gives that creamy texture to the curry. The fragrance from the spices, onions, and tomatoes masala base, makes a perfect family meal. Your mouth will be watering while it cooks, and you will be so excited to dig in.
Tips for flavor packed Mixed Vegetable Chicken Curry:
- Use and fresh roasted and ground coriander, cumin powder.
- I tend to like curries that are little spicy. If spicy curry is not your thing, please adjust the spice powders to your taste.
- Chicken pieces with bones gives a lot of flavor to the curry. I recommend you use chicken pieces with bones, preferably chicken thighs. Just remove bones before serving.
- You can marinate chicken pieces with salt and lemon juice before adding to the curry which gives a nice zing and makes chicken tender and juicy.
You might like these recipes too:
- Thai Chicken Curry Coconut Soup
- Trader Joe’s Yellow Thai Curry Chicken and Green Beans
- Green Curry
- Pollo Saltado (Chicken Stir Fry)
- Baked Sweet and Sour Chicken
Mixed Vegetable Chicken CurryPrint Pin Rate
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cloves
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 small bay leaf
- 6 garlic cloves minced
- 1 ½ inch ginger root chopped fine
- 2 onions chopped
- 2 to matoes chopped
- ½ cup tomato puree
- 2 teaspoon paprika
- 2 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- pinch of salt
- 1 pound chicken thighs bone in
- 2 carrots
- 1 small broccoli head about a cup
- 10 baby potatoes
- 1 cup water
- Salt to taste
- 1 1/4 cup coconut milk
- Garnish with coriander
- Heat olive oil in deep bottomed pan. Add cloves, cinnamon, and bay leaves along with garlic and ginger root. Saute for one minute.
- Add chopped onions, cook until translucent.
- Add tomatoes, cook until tomatoes turn mushy.
- Add tomato puree, cook for few minutes.
- Add all the spice powders – paprika, coriander, turmeric and little salt. Mix well.
- Now add chicken pieces , let it cook for 5 minutes.
- Throw in roughly chopped carrots, broccoli and baby potatoes.
- Add 1 cup water, cover the pan with lid and let chicken and vegetables cook. Chicken should take about 20 minutes to cook.
- Adjust salt to taste.
- Pour coconut milk, give a good stir. Turn off flame in 1 minute after pouring in coconut milk.
- Garnish mixed vegetable chicken curry with coriander.
- Serve immediately with brown rice.
Pin to your chicken board on Pinterest: