This post is sponsored by Farm Rich, all opinions are my own.
In a nutshell, you cook stuffed chicken breasts by air frying them for 20 minutes at 370 degrees.
But you can also pan sear them, then cover and turn them down to a low heat and continue to cook stove top.
Or you can put your stuffed chicken breasts into the oven. It depends on the stuffed chicken recipes you use, and your preferred method.
Tools Needed for Caprese Stuffed Chicken:
Air Fryer: This is a great tool to make the exterior of the chicken crispy and in the interior juicy.
Oven Proof Skillet: An oven proof skillet makes for a quick and clean trip from the stove top right into your oven.
Caprese Stuffed Chicken
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1 roma tomato
- 6 mozzarella sticks
- 4 basil leaves
- 1 Tbsp Balsamic glaze
- Using a sharp knife, butterfly the chicken breasts so they are open, but not sliced all the way through, creating a pocket for the filling to go. Set aside
- Mix together the salt, pepper, and dried basil, and generously season the exterior of the chicken.
- Wash and slice the roma tomato, and place 2-3 pieces on the inside part of the chicken.
- Add 3 mozzarella sticks on top of the tomatoes.
- Fold the chicken over the filling, and use toothpicks to secure it in place.
- Place chicken breast in the air fryer basket and set to 370 degrees for 20 minutes. When finished, use a meat thermometer and take a temperature read to insure internal temp of chicken is at 165 degrees when finished cooking. If not, return to air fryer for 3-5 more minutes.
- Remove from air fryer, and remove the toothpicks. Place two fresh basil leaves inside the chicken, on top of the tomatoes. Drizzle chicken breast with balsamic glaze, and additional fresh basil and serve.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large oven-proof skillet, over medium-high heat, melt 1 Tbs of butter or add 1 Tbs of olive oil. Sear chicken 3-4 minutes per side, until golden brown.
- Place skillet in the preheated oven, and bake 17-20 minutes, until internal temperature reads 165 degrees.
- Remove from oven, and remove toothpicks. Then place 2 fresh basil leaves inside each chicken breast, drizzle with balsamic, and garnish with more fresh basil if desired.
- Serve and enjoy.
Our recipe card software calculates these nutrition facts based on averages for the above ingredients, different brands, and quality of produce/meats may have different nutritional information, always calculate your own based on the specific products you use in order to achieve accurate macros for this recipe.
Pin to your chicken or air fryer board on Pinterest: