Air Fryer Turkey Legs
Mouth watering good, these turkey legs are accompanied with a delicious rosemary, oregano, and thyme, butter rub, and are cooked to perfection in the air fryer, making this air fryer turkey leg recipe far superior to your basic smoked turkey legs.
Crispy on the outside, tender on the inside, this turkey leg recipe is easy to make and can be done in just under a short 30 minutes!
If you are in the mood for a delicious turkey leg recipe like Disney turkey legs, or turkey leg hut, try making these easy air fryer turkey legs right in your very own kitchen.
Enjoy a nice juicy turkey leg that requires very little prep, while still producing an amazing dish. If you happened upon this recipe and came to find out you need an Air Fryer, but haven’t jumped on the Air Fryer train yet… try ordering the one I use at home here on Amazon and if you don’t like it you can just return it! (I promise you will love it.)
Are Turkey Legs Healthy?
Yes! Much healthier than deep fried!
While dark meat has more saturated fat than white meat, it contains more vitamins and minerals than white meat, making the turkey leg a great option for a healthy delicious meal.
If you want it to be even healthier, skip the skin! The skin adds a lot of fat to the turkey. By just removing the skin, you are helping the piece of turkey be a lot healthier.
Is It Better To Eat Turkey Or Chicken?
Turkey and chicken are both great sources of protein and can be great food choices when on a diet.
While protein and calories are fairly similar in both chicken and turkey, overall it is slightly better to eat turkey from a diet standpoint.
- Turkey is leaner than chicken and slightly lower in calories.
Add some turkey into your meal rotation for a nice, healthy option.
Turkey is super tasty and makes a great substitution for chicken in most dishes. Instead of chicken stir fry, maybe use turkey, or instead of a chicken sandwich, how about a turkey sandwich.
Note: When cooking a turkey make sure not to over cook it. There is greater risk in having the cook on a turkey be more dry than with chicken. However, if you use a meat thermometer and follow this air fryer turkey recipe, there should be no problem.
The Good Things About Eating Turkey:
- Packed with protein
- Contains vitamins B6 and B12
- Contains zinc
- Can help immune system
- Can help lower cholesterol when eaten often (low fat, skinless, white meat portion)
Turkey is a delicious food that you do not have to restrict yourself to just eating at Thanksgiving. There are many ways to eat turkey outside of your traditional Thanksgiving feast.
10 Delicious Ways To Eat Turkey:
- Air Fryer Turkey Legs
- Turkey Taco Avocados
- Turkey Pinwheels
- Cheesy Turkey Zucchini Casserole
- Creamy Green Chili Turkey and Egg Enchiladas
- Turkey Noodle Soup
- Paleo Spaghetti Squash and Turkey Meatballs
- Turkey Lettuce Wraps
- Not Too Spicy Turkey Stroganoff
- Turkey Breast (Air Fryer)
Turkey is so delicious and versatile. Any of the above meals can show how turkey can be used in so many different capacities.
How Do I Cook Turkey Legs?
- Cover turkey with seasoned butter rub.
- Place turkey legs in the air fryer basket.
- Cook until internal temperature of 165 is reached, approximately 27 minutes.
That’s it! So easy, so fast, so tasty, I love cooking turkey legs in the air fryer.
Fast, Quick, And Easy, Make Some Air Fryer Turkey Legs!
In a dinner rut? Air Fryer Turkey Legs is just what you need to get out of your dinner doldrums.
They are tasty, easy to make, and don’t take long to prepare and cook.
Plus air fryer turkey legs go great with so many things.
Make air fryer turkey legs a complete meal with any one these sides and you will leave the table happy and full.
Great Sides for Air Fryer Turkey:
- Smashed Potatoes
- Creamy Mac and Cheese Casserole
- Instant Pot Baked Beans
- Roasted Garlic Bleu Cheese Mashed Potatoes
- Roasted Corn with Bacon and Caramelized Onion
Make this air fryer turkey with any of these delicious sides and be ready to add this meal into your permanent rotation.
Air Fryer Turkey Legs
- 4 turkey legs
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 Tbs butter
- 1/4 tsp rosemary
- 1/4 tsp oregano
- 1/4 tsp thyme
- Pat turkey legs dry then season with salt and pepper
- Combine butter with seasonings, in a small bowl and mix well.
- Rub butter all over turkey legs and under the skin if possible
- Preheat the air fryer to 350 ° F
- Place the turkey leg into the air fryer basket and cook for 27 minutes. Until internal temp is 165 degrees F.
- Check internal temp and add time if needed, then rest legs for 5 minutes and serve.
Our recipe card software calculates these nutrition facts based on averages for the above ingredients, different brands, and quality of produce/meats may have different nutritional information, always calculate your own based on the specific products you use in order to achieve accurate macros for this recipe.
Pin to your Air Fryer board: