These Caramelized Onion, Fig & Goat Cheese Bites are perfect for all of your holiday parties! They’re full of flavor and so easy to throw together – they’ll be sure to be the first things gone!
Caramelized Onion, Fig & Goat Cheese Bites
©Eazy Peazy Mealz by EazyPeazyMealz.com
Pin it to your Appetizer board to SAVE it for later!
Follow Eazy Peazy Mealz on Pinterest for more great tips, ideas and recipes!
Hey all! Sam back from The Culinary Compass here to bring you your new favorite holiday appetizer. Caramelized Onions, Fig, and Goat Cheese Bites are easy enough to throw together half an hour before your party.
They’ll be sure to be a crowd pleaser too. Any time I’ve made these, they’ve been gone minutes after I put them on the table!
These Caramelized Onions, Fig, and Goat Cheese Bites have a great tanginess from the goat cheese and sweetness from the figs and caramelized onions. I love topping them with really earthy herbs like thyme and rosemary as well. There’s no better topper than balsamic glaze to really make the dish look and taste even better!
Since the goat cheese doesn’t melt all that much, the bites may be a little dry without the balsamic glaze. You could always try it with a little brie if you’re not a goat cheese fan!
I love making Caramelized Onions, Fig, and Goat Cheese Bites in mini muffin pans because they create little cups for all the toppings to make sure and not to fall out of! If you don’t have one, you can still bake them on a cookie sheet with the small squares or rectangles that you cut out. Using silicone mini muffin pans is a great way to make clean up super quick and easy!
Tips for making Caramelized Onion, Fig & Goat Cheese Bites:
- For the sake of time, I didn’t put any egg wash on my puff pastry. If you have time, adding an egg wash to the puff pastry will add an even more gorgeous golden brown color to them.
- Be sure to poke the bottom of each of the puff pastries with a fork. Not doing this may cause the puff pastry to get a little too big and lose all of the inside toppings!
More Appetizers you may want to try:
- Salami and Fig Holiday Appetizer Platter
- Vegetable Hummus Flatbread
- Spicy Prawns on Crispy Wontons
- Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Mini Bell Peppers
- Turkey Jalapeno Poppers