This post is sponsored by Vital Proteins, all opinions are my own.
Homemade Chocolate Almond Butter: Creamy, easy, and oh so delicious, this homemade chocolate almond butter whips up in minutes, and is the creamy, chocolate-y nut butter my dreams are made of.
Homemade Chocolate Almond Butter
©Eazy Peazy Mealz by EazyPeazyMealz.com
Pin it to your Snacks board to SAVE it for later!
Follow Eazy Peazy Mealz on Pinterest for more great tips, ideas and recipes!
You guys, I love nut butters. Like, LOVE! I spread them on apples, celery, toast, waffles. Ya know, basically anything I can. It is one of my favorite snacks. So I figured I should probably show you how very easy it is to make!
Doesn’t that look amazing?
So even though I am usually all for buying stuff and keeping things easy, I am obsessed with making my own nut butters. It is super easy. Like takes 3 minutes. And, I get to control how sweet they are, or how nutty. I get to choose high quality nuts and to add special extras like additional protein and raw-cold-pressed honey. I basically get to feel like I am far healthier than I am. And I get to make as much or as little as I want. And fresh is best. Always.
Healthful Almond Butter with Vital Proteins
This particular recipe is extra special because I add Vital Proteins Collagen Whey Cocoa and Coconut Water. It is amazing for increased athletic performance, hydration, improved amino acid absorption, better recovery, joint flexibility, better blood flow to muscles, and so much more. Basically, if you are an active individual and want a great tasting and awesome protein to add to your nut butter, this is it! It has an advanced protein utilization formula that combines collagen with whey protein, and other great stuff, to achieve a premium protein blend that is great for athletic performance.
This particular Collagen Whey protein is perfect for this nut butter because the cocoa and coconut make for the perfect combination to help flavor and improve this nut butter. It is mmm mmm good!
And did I mention how easy it is to make this chocolate almond butter? Like seriously, put everything in a blender, or food processor. You can check out the video for it on Facebook, but what you need to know is you blend/process until you achieve the desired consistency. If you have a high powered blender that is best. It will be a little gritty, but not too bad, and you can blend longer if desired. Just a heads up, it will get warm while blending, so you may want to chill it. But I like it straight out of the blender.
Almond Butter Tips
- Almond butter is vegan, paleo, and ketogenic friendly. It is a great addition to all healthful diets.
- Nut butters keep well for several weeks in a covered glass jar in the fridge and in the freezer for up to 4 months.
- To make quick nut milk for any recipe that calls for milk, just blend a tablespoonful of nut butter with a cup of water.
- As you come to love making almond butter, you may want to order almonds in bulk. Try here!
Other Great Veggie or Fruit Dips!
- Best Ever Layered Bean Dip
- Asian Dipping Sauces
- Greek Goddess Dip or Dressing
- Pineapple Coconut Dipping Sauce
- Spinach Artichoke Crockpot Dip
- End of the Rainbow Fruit Dip
Homemade Chocolate Almond Butter
- 2 cups 12 ounces dry toasted, unsalted almonds
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chunks
- 1 Tbs honey
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 3-4 Tbs Coconut oil Use as much as needed to get desired consistnecy
- 2 scoops Vital Proteins Collagen Whey Cocoa & Coconut Water
- Place almonds, chocolate chunks, honey, Vital Proteins Collagen Whey, and salt in the canister of a high powered blender, or food processor
- Mix/blend/process until nut butter is smooth, about 10 minutes, add coconut oil a little at a time to achieve desired consistency.
Our recipe card software calculates these nutrition facts based on averages for the above ingredients, different brands, and quality of produce/meats may have different nutritional information, always calculate your own based on the specific products you use in order to achieve accurate macros for this recipe.
Pin to your SNACKS board: