Light Chicken Salad Sandwiches: A delicious chicken salad, lightened up, and filled with avocado, apple, roasted chicken, and more. This is the perfect summer lunch, and a great chicken salad.
Chicken salad is an iconic and delicious summer salad. And there are so many versions of chicken salad: with grapes, without, with nuts, without, thick on the mayo dressing, dressing free. With so many options, how can you ever chose?
Well after spending hours and hours in a swim suit I choose something lighter! Who is with me? You can still get all the great flavor from chicken salad without all those pesky calories. So today I am sharing a lightened up version, with a lighter dressing, served on a lighter bread, with a great iron rich, nutrient rich spinach! Same great taste, and better for you. #Winning
The suace is mustard based instead of mayo, and it is just enough to coat the ingredients and make them cohesive without overwhelming them or making it too “saucy” for my liking. Husbands I like saucy…sandwiches, not so much. Who wants a soggy sandwich? Not me. You guys are going to love this one, and if you are anything like me it will probably become a summer staple. Especially because it uses rotisserie chicken, which means it is a no-cook recipe. Perfect for beating summer heat.
I love avocado on everything. But in this Light Chicken Salad Sandwich it added just the right amount of creaminess! Yum. I chopped and diced the apples, celery and cheese with a veggie cutter and it saved a lot of time preparing this already easy sandwich. Here are a couple of my favorite tools for cutting fruits and vegetables:
- Apple slicer: I love this one because the handles are wide making it easier to push down over the apple.
- Avocado Slicer: Get easy and even cuts using this tool.
Tips for Light Chicken Salad Sandwiches:
- Cut all the ingredients for your light chicken salad sandwiches about the same size so that you get a little bit of everything in each bite.
- Make ahead for quick grab and go lunches, just don’t assemble until read to eat, even though it is not saucy, you don’t want the bread to get soggy.
- Serve your light chicken salad sandwich with fresh fruit and veggies for a light and guilt free lunch.
- Use sandwich thins for a great tasting bun. I know, I will miss the buttery croissant too, but trust me, it is better this way. (weep)
Other Favorite Sandwich Recipes:
- Easy Slow Cooker French Dip Sandwiches
- Baked Chicken Parm Sandwiches
- Italian Hero Sandwich
- Vegetable Hummus Flatbread
- Homemade Ice Cream Cookie Sandwich
Pin to your salad board on Pinterest: