Air Fryer Pizza
The easiest 4 ingredient air fryer pizza made with Texas Toast. This is a quick, easy meal, when you want something fast, yummy, and with ingredients you can keep on hand. Easy to customize, and always a winner, air fryer pizza made on Texas toast is a snack and dinner staple around here because it takes just a few minutes, and the kids can make it on their own.
Texas toast is flavorful, crunchy, and the perfect base for these yummy air fryer pizzas. And huge perk, they are kept in the freezer, which means, when you need something quick, you can just pull them out. We always have cheese and pepperoni on hand, so this is such a simple, fun, flavorful recipe.
If you need an arsenal of quick and easy recipes, this one is definitely worth adding.
What You Need to Make Air Fryer Pizza with Texas Toast
With eazy peazy ingredients that are easy to find, this recipe is so simple. Here is what you need.
- Texas Toast: If there is a store brand version of this, go for it. I have only ever tried it with Texas toast. But I just keep a box in the freezer, and you can just pull it out frozen to make this recipe.
- Pizza Sauce: Use your favorite. I make homemade a lot, and also love the Classico and Delallo Brand of pizza sauce.
- Mozzarella Cheese: Shredded, or a pizza brand.
- Toppings: Pepperoni is what I used, but use whatever you want.
- Herbs: I like to amp it up with some Italian Seasoning and some fresh basil, but in a hurry or a pinch, you can totally skip them.
- Air Fryer: This is the best selling one on Amazon. I have tried several brands, and prefer the digital ones as it is more precise for temperature and time.
How to Make Air Fryer Pizza
Making this recipe is very simple, as you just layer up your Texas Toast, and air fry until it is done. But let’s get to the nitty gritty of it.
Step One: Prepare Air Fryer
The first thing you should do is prep your air fryer. You want to pre-heat it to 400 degrees F, and spray the tray with non-stick spray to make cleaning it after easier.
Step Two: Heat the Texas Toast
This step is optional, but I like a little crispier base for my pizza, so I like to put the Texas toast in the air fryer frozen, and cook it for about 3 minutes at 400 degrees so it gets a little crisp.
Step Three: Build Your Pizza
Once you have a base crispiness, it is time to load that toast up with your ingredients. I use about a tablespoon of sauce, and then the pepperoni, and then cheese. If you put the pepperoni on top the circulating air will blow them off the toast, so you want your pizza to have layers. Just make sure to add a little cheese atop the pepperoni.
A sprinkle of Italian seasoning is nice too. It makes it look good, and taste good. But most pizza sauces are already seasoned with it, so feel free to skip that.
Step Four: Air Fry or Cook your Air Fryer Pizza
The next step is to air fry your pizzas. This is super simple. Just cook at 400 degrees for 3-5 minutes until you achieve the level of melty, bubbly, golden brown cheesy goodness you like. I think 4 minutes is just about perfect.
Step Five: Garnish and Enjoy
Feel free to add fresh basil or a sprinkle of salt to your air fryer pizza and enjoy! I love eating it hot out of the air fryer for the best cheese melt, but these reheat well, so if you make too many, just pop it in the air fryer for a few minutes to reheat through before serving.
This recipe is so perfect for snacking and lunches, as well as quick dinners for busy nights. I love to serve it alone as a complete meal or pair it with the following:
Tips and Tricks
Making this recipe is Eazy Peazy, but here are a few tricks to help it turn out great every time:
- Tip One: Frozen is Fine. The Texas toast makes such a fun and flavorful crust for your air fryer pizza, and it is super nice because you can use it straight out of the freezer. The trick is cooking it without toppings long enough to get the crispiness level you want. Texas toast has that buttery, delicious coating on it, but this means it can get a little soggy when topped with pizza sauce. So air fry it for a few minutes before topping it to get it to your liking. If you want a crispier base, air fry it longer.
- Tip Two: Heaviest ingredients on top. The air fryer works by circulating air around the food. Which means there is basically a “breeze” of sorts happening inside your air fryer. The first time I made this recipe my pepperoni were on top, so they blew off. And I had to add them back onto my pizzas at the end. So to prevent this, simply add cheese on top of the pepperoni so they stay put.
- Tip Three: Give them space. While you can cook several at a time, the air fryer works best if there is plenty of room for the air to circulate around the food. So cook only 2-3 at a time depending on the size of your air fryer, to allow for best results. They cook quick, so even if you are feeding several people, it won’t take long to make them for everyone.
- Tip Four: Top to your preference. I love a classic pepperoni air fryer pizza, but the world is your oyster, so top your Texas toast pizzas however you want. Chicken and alfredo, bbq sauce instead of pizza sauce, ham and pineapple, veggies, etc. all make fun additions.
- Tip Five: Serve Immediately. Pizza is best served right out of the air fryer.
Make Ahead and Storage
This is really not a recipe you want to make ahead of time. All of the ingredients come prepared, so it is a quick 1-2 minute assembly, and cooks in under 10 minutes, so prep ahead is unnecessary.
However, if you make more than you need, wrap them in foil, and store in the refrigerator, then reheat in the foil in the air fryer for 3-4 minutes until heated through and desired crispiness is reached. A little fresh cheese on top doesn’t hurt either.
Other Great Recipes:
- Air Fryer Fries
- Air Fryer Chicken Tenders
- Air Fryer Wings (The Best Ever)
- Air Fryer Turkey Legs
- Sweet Potato Fries (Air Fryer + Oven)
Air Fryer Texas Toast Pizza
- 1 air fryer
- 4 slices Texas Toast
- 1/4 cup prepared Pizza Sauce
- 1 cup Mozzarella Cheese shredded
- 12 pepperoni slices
- 1/3 teaspoon Italian Seasoning optional
- Fresh basil for garnish
- Preheat air fryer to 400 degrees F
- Spray air fryer with non-stick spray and place Texas toast on bottom of air fryer. Air fry for 3-4 minutes until starting to crisp around the edges.
- Assemble pizzas by placing a Tbs of pizza sauce, toppings (pepperoni), and cheese on each Texas toast.
- Sprinkle with Italian Seasoning if desired.
- Air fryer for 3-4 minutes until cheese is melted and starting to turn golden.
- Garnish with fresh basil, if desired, and serve immediately.
Our recipe card software calculates these nutrition facts based on averages for the above ingredients, different brands, and quality of produce/meats may have different nutritional information, always calculate your own based on the specific products you use in order to achieve accurate macros for this recipe.
Pin to your air fryer board on Pinterest: