Air Fryer Chicken Wings: These are the best ever chicken wings, cooked quickly to crispy perfection in minutes.
I am a HUGE fan of chicken wings, in fact one of the top posts on my site here is these Crispy Oven Baked Chicken Wings, which I love. The oven baked method is amazing when cooking for a big crowd, such as for the Super Bowl, but when I want wings for just a few of us, and I want them in a hurry, the air fryer is the way to go!
An air fryer works like a small convection oven, it circulates the air, and evaporates the moisture from the surface of the food, which means you get a nice, crispy exterior, created by air circulation not oil. I LOVE that these wings are like the baked wings in that they do not have all that extra oil and calories from the added fat, but still get that crispy, delicious texture of deep fried.
Trust me, you will want to buy an air fryer if it means you can start making these wings. One whole section of our freezer is now dedicated to wings. We have chicken wings on hand at all times because we love these that much. They are just so juicy. And crispy. And such a quick and easy snack, lunch, meal, or game time grub!
Steps to Crispy Air Fryer Wings
Making wings in the air fryer is seriously easy. Like, almost doesn’t even warrant a recipe, but because I love you guys, and know you will want one, I am going to share my method as a recipe, and you can send your thanks! Lol.
- Dry and season wings.
- Put in air fryer at 400 degrees and start cooking.
- Flip half way through.
- Toss with sauce
- Return to air fryer for a few minutes to caramelize sauce and finish cooking.
- Garnish and enjoy!
Air Fryer Chicken Wings
- 2 lbs chicken wings
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 3/4 cup Sauce of choice
- 1 Tbs parsley garnish
- Pat defrosting wings dry with a paper towel, then season with salt and pepper
- Place in air fryer basket with space between each wing so the air can circulate and make them crispy. Cook in batches if needed.
- Set air fryer to 400 degrees for 20 minutes
- Turn wings half way through cooking time
- At 20 minutes use a meat thermometer and check meat, when wings reach 160 degrees internal temp, transfer to a large bowl, pour sauce of choice over the wings, toss to coat
- Return the wings to the air fryer basket, and cook 5 minutes until sauce has glazed
- Transfer to a serving platter, garnish, and enjoy.
- Pat the wings dry before you season them and put them in the air fryer. The air fryer will help to evaporate the moisture from the surface of your wings, but do it a favor by getting the excess moisture off before it ever goes into the basket. This will result in far crispier wings.
- Leave space between the wings. Air fryers make the wings crispy but circulating the air around them, so if it can't do that you won't get crispy wings. You do not need a ton of space, but enough for air flow.
- Flip part way through. Some air fryers are fancy and will flip the basket for you half way through cooking, but if like me yours does NOT do that, then take a second to shake the basket, or flip the wings part way through just to ensure even crispiness.
Our recipe card software calculates these nutrition facts based on averages for the above ingredients, different brands, and quality of produce/meats may have different nutritional information, always calculate your own based on the specific products you use in order to achieve accurate macros for this recipe.
Pin to your Air Fryer board: