Cowboy Caviar, a deliciously easy bean salsa, loaded with peppers, tomatoes, corn, and avocado, and served with tortilla chips. A great appetizer or snack!
This is one of my all time favorite things to eat. I love making a big bowl full, and enjoying it on summer nights while playing UNO, or watching a movie. And, it doesn’t hurt that my kids love it, and it is super easy to make.
One of the beauties of this dish, is you can add in or leave out according to your preference, sometimes I add in cucumber chunks, kidney beans, etc.
I serve this as a “salsa” with chips, but it is also amazing in tacos, on top of salad, or plain. What’s your favorite way to eat CowBoy Caviar?
- 1 lb roma tomatoes deseeded and diced
- 1/2 a red bell pepper diced
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper diced
- 1/2 green bell pepper diced
- 1 can 15 ounces black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can 15 ounces black-eye peas, drained and rinsed
- 1 can sweet corn drained
- 1 bunch cilantro washed, and chopped small
- 1 cup red onion diced small
- 2-3 avocados pitted and diced
- 1 Tsp Oregano
- 1 Tsp Onion powder
- pinch of cayenne
- 1/2 Tbs lime juice
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Combine all ingredients for salad except avocados (tomatoes, beans, corn, bell peppers, cilantro and red onion) in a large bowl.
- In a smaller bowl, mix together dressing ingredients
- Pour half the dressing over the salad ingredients, and toss to combine it all. refrigerate until ready to serve
- Just before serving, add diced avocado, and remaining dressing. Toss well
- Serve with tortilla chips.
Our recipe card software calculates these nutrition facts based on averages for the above ingredients, different brands, and quality of produce/meats may have different nutritional information, always calculate your own based on the specific products you use in order to achieve accurate macros for this recipe.
Pin to your Dips and Appetizers board: