Spinach Artichoke Dip Baked Chicken:
A great recipe that combines the heartiness of chicken with the fun and tastiness of spinach artichoke dip. If you are in the mood for the taste of a delicious, warm spinach artichoke appetizer, then you are going to love this dish.
Spinach Artichoke Dip Baked Chicken is a great marriage of flavors, combining classic chicken with the fun of a spinach artichoke dip.
Stuck in a Dinner Rut? Problem Solved.
This recipe just gets me excited. I really enjoy dinner, but sometimes I think there is a tendency to gravitate to a few recipes and continually use those recipes over and over again. I think this is definitely a temptation when cooking with chicken.
Chicken is a staple in a lot of homes and can be a very easy meal. Throw it in the crock pot or in your pressure cooker with a teriyaki or barbecue sauce and call it good. Does this sound familiar?
There is nothing wrong with making dishes that require minimal effort. We are all busy. And because of this, sometimes I find it’s easy to get in a rut with chicken dishes, resulting in sticking to a couple marinades or spice rubs and never venturing out of your comfort zone. However, the Spinach Artichoke Dip Baked Chicken dish is great dish to help you get out of that dinner rut.
Why Spinach Artichoke Dip Chicken?
When it comes to Spinach Artichoke Dip Baked Chicken, this dish doesn’t require advanced culinary ability, it’s not too labor intensive, and instructions are really easy to follow. In a nutshell, you are just chopping, mixing, covering chicken with spinach and artichoke creaminess, and baking. Plus, the total baking time is only 35-40 minutes!
The end result is a delicious, tender chicken smothered in a creamy spinach artichoke sauce. Plus, this popular dip that typically is associated with parties and get togethers has now arrived at your dinner table. Fun, delicious, and a great way to incorporate spinach and artichoke on your kids’ plates without having to bribe them to take a few bites of their veggies.
For added color you can garnish with tomatoes and fresh spinach or leave those components off of your plate.
Tips For Making Spinach Artichoke Baked Chicken:
- Make a double batch of the spinach artichoke dip on a night you have a social gathering to attend and use half of the dip to smother your chicken in for dinner and the other half to serve with chips to bring to the party. Now that’s what I call efficient use of time.
- Make Spinach Artichoke Dip Baked Chicken earlier in the day, if you feel like your evening is going to be very busy. Refrigerate and take the dip out when ready to make dinner, letting it sit out at room temperature for a few minutes. Then all you have to do during the dinner hour is apply the dip to the chicken and place in the oven.
- Buy minced garlic in a jar as a time saver, and avoid having to mince it yourself for this recipe and for many recipes to come.
- Bake it in a 9 x 13 pan so it is not too thick, and the chicken can cook through. I like this one: Baking Dish
- Use a meat thermometer to make sure the chicken is cooked through. You want an internal temp of 165 degrees. I like to use an instant read thermometer poked into the thickest piece of chicken.
Spinach Artichoke Dip Baked Chicken is a dish that will have your family asking for seconds. It’s fun, tasty, and filling. Don’t hesitate to try this yummy, easy recipe. Because once you taste Spinach Artichoke Chicken, you will want to make this a regular in your dinner rotation.
Easy Spinach Artichoke Dip Baked Chicken
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 package 8 ounces cream cheese (softened)
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 3 cups shredded parmesan cheese divided
- 10 ounces frozen chopped spinach thawed
- 1 can 14 ounces artichoke hearts, drained and chopped small
- 4 chicken breasts approx 2 lbs chicken
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 Roma tomato
- 1/3 cup fresh baby spinach chopped fine
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F
- Mix sour cream, cream cheese, mayo, lemon juice, and minced garlic together in a large bowl with 2 cups parmesan cheese.
- Add chopped spinach and artichokes
- Mix until well combined
- In a 9x13 baking dish, lay chicken breasts down, season with salt, pepper, and half the paprika
- Pour spinach artichoke mixture over the top and spread it out so it is evenly covered
- Sprinkle with remaining cup parmesan cheese, sprinkle remaining paprika on top.
- Cover with foil
- Bake for 25 -30 minutes until mixture is bubbly
- Remove foil and bake another 10 minutes until chicken reaches internal temperature of 165 degrees. Use Instant Read Food Thermometer to insure chicken is cooked through.
- Garnish with fresh chopped tomatoes, and additional fresh spinach if desired
- Serve immediately.
Our recipe card software calculates these nutrition facts based on averages for the above ingredients, different brands, and quality of produce/meats may have different nutritional information, always calculate your own based on the specific products you use in order to achieve accurate macros for this recipe.
Other delicious Chicken recipes:
- Indian Butter Chicken
- Sticky Chicken Bites
- Italian Chicken
- Greek Chicken
- Fiesta Chicken
- Creamy Chicken Orzo Soup
- Tex Mex Chicken Salad
Pin to your CHICKEN board on Pinterest:
Lindsay | With Salt and Pepper says
Karl @ Healthy Kreation says