Easy Mongolian Beef is crispy, sticky, easy to make, and features an addictive sauce that is warmly perfumed with Asian flavors. It can also be batch prepped ahead of time, to fit nicely into a rotation of favorite meals.
©Eazy Peazy Mealz by EazyPeazyMealz.com
Pin it to your (Board Type) board to SAVE it for later!
Follow Eazy Peazy Mealz on Pinterest for more great tips, ideas and recipes!
Mongolian Beef is a family favorite; we love anything that is Asian take-out. Basically if you can get it from P.F. Chang’s, we are huge fans. However, when it comes to most any Mongolian beef recipe, they are usually too sweet, too saucy, and too complicated. So, I created my own Easy Mongolian Beef, and it has been on our family favorite rotation recipe list ever since. For being such an eazy peazy meal, it is seriously one of the best versions we have ever had. The beef gets those yummy crystalized, crispy edges, the sauce is warmly perfumed with asian overtones that you would want from Mongolian Beef, and it cooks quickly!
If you like a really saucy Mongolian Beef then double the sauce portion of the recipe, and leave everything else the same! I cooked this in my wok. The high heat, and shape of the wok means you get those crispy edges, while still having the meat be tender and awesome.
If you do not have a wok, use a large saute pan, and give the meat plenty of room to cook so they crisp up instead of steam. I always cook the meat in two batches.MY LATEST RECIPES
The sauce for this Mongolian Beef is awesome because you can make it ahead of time in large batches. Divide sauce and freeze or refrigerate in meal-sized portions to suit your serving per meal and “favorite meals” rotation schedule needs. If you pre-prep batches for later, you might notice that the corn starch sinks to the bottom of pre-prepped portions, so just be sure to give it a good stir right away. Taste it, and if you like Mongolian Beef a little sweeter, add a bit more brown sugar. It is perfect for my taste, but comment below and share your favorite tweaks!
My whole family, even my siblings, nephews, and nieces love this PF Chang’s-like Mongolian Beef. So give it a try. If you have trouble finding flank steak, try skirt. It cooks up similarly. The biggest thing to keep in mind is cutting your meat against the grain to achieve the most tender outcome. Also, we love to top our Mongolian Beef recipe with dried or fresh chives and always keep dry chives well stocked. Also try fresh-cut chives, yumm!
Tips for Mongolian Beef:
- Remember to batch-cook the meat in small enough proportions to become crisp and tender, instead of soggy and chewy.
- When combining cooked-meat sweetness and sauce-to-meat ratio, adjust sweetness and sauciness to personal preference.
- Adjust quantities and ratios of chives and green onions to personal preference. I like em loaded on, but that is my preference.
- Optional: Add thinly sliced or match-sticked veggies to extend a meat dish in a healthful way. Add directly to the sauce portion of the recipe that follows, before reducing it to a thick sauce. Do everything else according to the recipe instructions, adjusting sauce cooking time to preferred veggie tenderness.
- To enhance your P.F. Chang’s DIY dinner occasions, check out these super fun and affordable chop sticks.
- To make your slicing of beef so easy, try this world-class Wusthof Pro Cook’s Knife for under $30.
For other Eazy Peazy Asian Mealz try these fun options:
- Beef and Broccoli
- Asian Lemon Chicken
- Orange Chicken
- Sticky Chicken Bites
- Shrimp and Veggie Egg Rolls
- Green Fried Rice with Prawns
Pin to your DINNER board on Pinterest: