Golden Crisp® Scotcharoos: This is a gooey marshmallow-y, chocolate and peanut butter, cereal bar, with everything you want in a delicious treat. I may even go so far as to call this the ultimate treat! Just look at that thick peanut butter caramel-y sauce holding that cereal together, and the rich chocolate peanut butter on top! Are you drooling yet?
We love family movie nights, whether they are at home or at the theater. I recently took my kids to a cute movie, and while we were there, we saw the preview for SING©. My kids loved it! I feel like it is basically American Idol for Animals meets going after your dreams, and pop culture.
Regardless, my kids came home singing the songs from the movie, and talking about it, so I am pretty sure we will be seeing SING© in theaters on December 21st 2016 with my family!
Anyway, family movie night…we always have a treat. If we go out to the movies we buy one, and if we stay in, we make one. I am mixing things up a little by making these amazing Golden Crisp® Scotcharoos for our family movie outing to SING©.
I was shopping at Target, and saw the Post Cereal box for Golden Crisp® with the fun packaging promoting the movie, and it gave me the idea to use the Golden Crisp® in our movie night treat. My grandpa worked for Post when I was a kid, and I grew up eating Golden Crisp®. I love it! And there is a coupon for it on coupons.com, which made up my mind, I had to make something with it.
Have you ever had a Scotcharoo before? It is kind of a cross between a rice crispy cereal treat, and a peanut butter bar. You get the marshmallows, and caramel-y buttery goodness, mixed with chocolate and peanut butter. I took that a notch further by making it with Golden Crisp® cereal.
Have Fun with the Kids
My kids love helping make treats, and this is an easy one to get help with. They can dump the marshmallows in the pot, or they can stir, or melt chocolate. So you can get the whole family involved in making this tasty treat.
And if you are going to make this recipe, then be sure to head over here to enter to the Sing Sweepstakes for a chance to win the $100,000 grand prize plus the chance to instantly win lots of prizes including movie tickets, speakers and more. **
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Promotion starts 11/1/16 at 12:00 PM (noon) ET and ends 3/31/2017 at 11:59:59 PM ET. Open only to legal residents of the 50 US/DC, 18 years of age or older. See Official Rules for instructions on how to enter, how to obtain codes without purchase, prize details, restrictions, odds of winning, etc. Void where prohibited by law. Sponsor: Post Consumer Brands, LLC.
- At my house few things bond kids to mom and dad more than involving them in making treats! Oh how we love to pull taffy, to make candy, to create the perfect popsicles, and to vie for who gets to stir-in the marshmallos into the rice crispie treats. Grandpa Clausen is an amazing candy maker and my mom taught us all of his tricks. Being with mom and dad and making things that taste great and are fun to share, does something special to the heart!
- Caramel apples anybody? Do your kids faces shine with anticipation too?
- We have found that having a few simple things around spice things up during these family fun times. We like to fill up party bags with homemade treats and lay them out for fun occasions; also, when watching movies at home we fill real popcorn boxes with popcorn, just like at the movies. One of my kids favorites is when grandpa makes their favorite smoothies and they then pour contents into a gazillion popsicle holders and freeze them. Oh, the anticipation! Every home needs a great chocolate melter for making carmel clusters, peanut clusters, or for dipping strawberries.
- Keep it simple; remember why you are doing it (joy and love), and have a blast!
Other Eazy Peazy Treats!
- 20+ Spooktacular Treats
- Crock Pot Peanut Clusters
- Dang Good Doughnuts
- Eclair Ice Box Cake
- Rice Krispies Treats Easter Baskets
- 10 Decadent Valentine’s Day Treats
Golden Crisp® Scotcharoos
- 16 ounce Marshmallows 1 Bag
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 cup Karo Syrup Lite
- 3/4 cup Peanut Butter
- 14.75 ounce Golden Crisp cereal 1 Whole Box
- 2 cups chocolate chips Semi-sweet
- 4 Tbs peanut butter Creamy
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- In a large pot, melt butter over medium high heat, add marshmallows, and peanut butter, and Karo syrup and stir until smooth.
- Add Golden Crisp cereal into pot, and take off heat.
- Stir until fully mixed.
- Pour into a greased 9x13 pan. Set aside
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt chocolate chips in 30 second intervals, stirring between each.
- When almost fully melted, add in peanut butter and oil, and stir until smooth and silky.
- Pour over top of cereal treat, and spread with a spatula for an even coating.
- Let chill so chocolate can set up.
- Cut, serve, and enjoy!
Our recipe card software calculates these nutrition facts based on averages for the above ingredients, different brands, and quality of produce/meats may have different nutritional information, always calculate your own based on the specific products you use in order to achieve accurate macros for this recipe.
Pin to your DESSERT board on Pinterest: