Sheet Pan Honey Garlic Chicken and Potatoes is a one pan meal that is low mess and big flavor. A delicious honey garlic sauce, and soft but crispy edged potatoes.
Why Honey Garlic Chicken? Chicken breasts are one of the most versatile forms of protein. You can go sweet, savory, spicy, fried, baked, grilled. I mean the possibilities are seemingly endless, so how come we all too often get stuck in a dinner rut?
The other day I was thinking about this rut, and how we tend to be a little boring about our chicken. So I decided it was time to make a change, and try a few fun variations of sheet pan chicken. This Honey Garlic Chicken was one of them. It is a super easy to make recipe with loads of flavor. And it is a complete meal on one tray.
The flavors of honey and garlic mixed together are phenomenal. Garlic often offers a slight sweetness, so when combined with honey, that sweetness becomes richer, deeper, and so deliciously complex. Add that to chicken breasts, and enjoy!
This sticky and simple sauce only requires a few ingredients, but offers a burst of delicious flavor that will tickle your tastebuds and make your dinner table all the more exciting. I am a huge fan of these quick and easy meals that come together so fast, and require very few dishes. They make school nights easier, and mean I can worry less about getting dinner on the table, and instead spend my time around the table with my family, talking, eating, and having fun together.
When I started this site, it was to share freezer friendly recipes that cut down on the time it took me to make dinner. My family was crazy busy, with soccer, and jobs, and other activities and sports. We were spending a great deal of time in the car, and as a result, a lot of time eating from drive throughs. This was depressing to me because I am a lover of food.
So I started putting together recipes that we loved that could be made quickly. And my friends started to ask for them. I decided to share them on this blog. For a while, I got really excited about food again, and started sharing recipes that were more complicated. Then I remembered what inspired this site in the first place, having dinner as a family! A wholesome, easy, and delicious dinner. And this amazing recipe for Sheet Pan Honey Garlic Chicken is a big part of that. It embodies everything this site is about. Easy. Delicious. Low mess. A recipe that will impress the family, but free up plenty of time to actually spend with the family.
I hope you enjoy it as much as we do.
Other Sheet Pan Chicken Recipes:
- Sheet Pan Cajun Garlic Chicken and Fries
- Sheet Pan Parmesan Chicken and Vegetables
- Italian Sheet Pan Chicken Meal Prep
- Roast Chicken with Sheet Pan Tomato Sauce
- Sheet Pan Chicken Nachos
- Sheet Pan Baked Greek Chicken Thighs
Honey Garlic Sheet Pan Chicken and Potatoes
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken breast pounded flat so they have even thickness throughout
- 2 teaspoon garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon ginger paste
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cooking spray
- 16 ounces red potatoes cubed
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 Tbs chopped fresh parsley for garnish optional
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Toss quartered potatoes with olive oil, and season with salt and pepper, and pour onto one half of a sheet pan sprayed with cooking oil.
- Put sheet pan in preheated oven, and roast for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix "sauce" ingredients together in a bowl.
- After the 10 minutes are up, remove potatoes from oven, and carefully place chicken on the other half of the pan
- Spoon half the sauce over the chicken
- Roast for 15-20 minutes, at 400 then turn oven up to broil, and broil 5-10 minutes until potatoes are tender chicken reaches internal temp of 165 degrees.
- Meanwhile, heat remaining half the sauce over medium-high heat, and cook until reduced by half
- Remove chicken and potatoes from oven, spoon remaining reduced sauce over the chicken, garnish with fresh parsley and enjoy!
Pin to your Chicken board on Pinterest: