One Bowl Banana Bread
One Bowl Banana Bread is a low mess, easy banana bread recipe that produces a sweet treat that everyone will love. With the perfect amount of banana flavor, amazing crumb, no funky ingredients, and the best crust, this is the bread to have in your recipe collection.
With this recipe you can even make muffins or mini loaves if you prefer! It uses pantry staples, is absolutely delicious, and low mess!
It is also worth mentioning: This banana bread recipe is versatile. You can follow this recipe exactly as-is, or add in your desired mix-ins like making it a one bowl chocolate chip banana bread or a caramel pecan banana bread. This banana bread recipe serves as a base, and you can add your favorite things to it.
Serve this slathered in homemade chocolate almond butter for a heavenly treat, plain, or with butter!
There is nothing in the world quite as comforting and amazing as freshly baked banana bread. The bananas keep it moist, and tender. And you get that slightly crispy crust, with the totally amazing interior that just makes it walk that line of is it a dessert, or something else? We get it. And when you can add your favorite mix-ins like walnuts or chocolate chips, it gets even better.
We are banana bread obsessed over here, and from the looks of things, so are you, since this Easy Banana Bread has consistently been one of our top recipes on EazyPeazyMealz. And we love Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Banana Bread, Cream Cheese Stuffed Banana Bread, Blueberry Banana Bread, etc just as much. But today, I am sharing another simple recipe that only takes 1 BOWL!
Easy Banana Bread Ingredients:
Guess what friends? You may not even need to go to the store to make this fabulous, family friendly, treat.
No crazy ingredients and in fact a lot of the ingredients needed are pantry staples. So look over the list and get excited because you might be able to make this right now!
- Granulated Sugar
- Brown Sugar
- Sour Cream or Greek Yogurt (If you do not have this ingredient, try making this Super Simple Banana Bread instead. Rave reviews, even fewer ingredients).
- Baking Soda
- Walnuts (optional)
And that’s a wrap! That’s it. Pretty simple ingredients I would say. And as long as you have bananas, eggs, and yogurt or sour cream, they are all from the dried good.
How To Make—All You Need Is 1 Bowl:
Who wants to make a recipe that leaves you with tons of clean-up? Umm, not me. Especially if I am going to get my kids involved in the cooking.
That’s one of the many things that is so great about this banana bread recipe. No need to mix half of your ingredients in one bowl and then the other half in another.
Just one bowl needed. That’s right you heard me correctly.
With a low mess dish like this, I see One Bowl Banana Bread a lot in your future. Banana bread for breakfast, banana bread for a quick snack, banana bread for dessert, how about banana bread anytime you want.
How To Make This Banana Bread Recipe:
- Cream Together Butter and Sugars.
- Add Eggs and Beat.
- Next, Add Mashed Bananas, Sour Cream, and Stir.
- Then, Add and Stir In Dry Ingredients.
- Once Combined, Add to Greased and Floured Loaf Pan.
- Bake in Preheated Oven at 350 on Middle or Lower Shelf.
Note: For more detailed instructions, see recipe at the end.
How To Make Loaves, Mini-Loaves, Muffins:
Everyone loves banana muffins at my house, but instead of making a separate recipe for it, double this one up, and use half for muffins. Here’s how:
Follow this recipe and make banana bread, banana bread muffins, or even banana bread, cute little mini loaves. You’ve got options.
- Loaves: Use a standard size loaf pan and bake for 60-70 minutes at 350.
- Mini Loaves: Divide batter into 8 mini loaves, and bake for 25-30 minutes at 350.
- Muffins: Fill muffin tin and bake at 350 for 28-30 minutes.
Note: Make sure oven is preheated and pans are greased.
I told you that this One Bowl Banana Bread recipe was customizable and I meant it. On its own it’s a winner and with add-ins it’s a champ as well.
So get creative and put your own mark on this banana bread recipe.
- Chocolate Chips and Other Varieties of Chips: White chocolate chips, cinnamon chips, peanut butter chips, etc.
- Dried Fruit: Raisins, dried cranberries, figs, coconut, and more.
- Peanut Butter
- Nuts: Pecan or macadamia nuts
- Toppings: Drizzle with caramel, chocolate or vanilla ice cream on top.
Let your mind day dream into an endless world of possibilities.
Tips for the Best Banana Bread:
Why make anything less than the best? This One Bowl Banana Bread is so delicious.
Here are some tips to make it just the perfect baked bread!
Use Really Ripe Bananas. Bananas with Black Speckled Skin are Great!
We want really, really ripe bananas. The more ripe the banana is the sweeter the flavor. Just make sure they aren’t rancid.
So, those brown or black speckled skins that look less appealing are perfect for banana bread. A little mushiness is great.
Don’t toss those over ripe bananas out. Make a sweet banana bread.
How to get over-ripe bananas:
If you don’t have any of those types of bananas in the house and can’t wait a few days for them to become ripe, you can always speed up the ripening process.
- Put unpeeled bananas on a baking dish with the oven set at anywhere from 250-300 degrees.
- Let them roast in there for about 30 minutes or so. The outer peel should darken. And the inside will sweeten.
Don’t Over Mix the Batter.
Sometimes it is easy to get a little over excessive with mixing. What’s one more mix or stir going to hurt? A lot actually.
You want all the ingredients to be incorporated and mixed in but not over mixed. Over mixing will produce a drier and tougher bread. It can activate the glutens to a point it gets tough. This is often why people say to mix the wet first, and the dry first, then combine. In this case we are fully mixing the wet, then adding in the dry, rather than dirtying two bowls.
Don’t Over Cook.
This one seems obvious yet we all have done it. Start checking the banana bread before the allotted time is done. This way if your oven/altitude etc. vary from mine, you don’t ruin your lovely bread.
Why? Because all ovens cook differently: You can always cook bread longer, but you can’t take back those extra minutes once it is over cooked.
A few minutes before the allotted time, just put a toothpick in the center and see if it is already done or not.
Add Mix-Ins Last.
It is so fun to personalize a dish. If you want to change things up and add in some chocolate chips or dried cranberries I say do it.
Just make sure to do this step last before baking.
Stir and combine all other ingredients first and then add and combine additional mix-ins and fold.
Make Banana Bread Even If You Don’t Have Enough Bananas.
Disappointed? One banana short for banana bread? No worries. Proceed forward my friend.
For similar consistency replace a banana with a half cup of applesauce. Problem solved.
Store in air tight container at room temp for up to 4 days.
Place bread in an air tight container or wrap banana bread in plastic wrap. Bread should stay good for up to 4 days.
Store banana bread in freezer for up to 3 months.
Make a bunch of banana bread at once and enjoy some now and save some for a later time. Having banana bread in the freezer that I can take out at anytime just puts a smile on my face.
- Let banana bread cool.
- Wrap banana bread in plastic wrap.
- Put wrapped bread in a gallon size freezer bag in the freezer.
Eliminate The Mess without Eliminating The Best!
Make life easy on yourself and make this stress free, delicious, One Bowl Banana Bread recipe. Each and every bite will provide such banana flavored goodness.
Other Breads to Try:
- Chocolate Toffee Banana Bread
- Zucchini Quick Bread
- Cinnamon Swirl Bread
- Cranberry Orange Quick Bread
- Honey Whole Wheat Bread
One Bowl Banana Bread
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- ¼ -1/2 cup granulated sugar
- ¼- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs beaten
- ½ cup sour cream
- 3 bananas finely mashed
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup chopped walnuts optional
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- Grease and flour an aluminum standard sized loaf pan (8-1/2 x 4-1/2 x 2-1/2 inches)
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugars.
- Add eggs and beat together.
- Add mashed bananas, sour cream and vanilla.
- Combine well, stirring until everything is incorporated.
- Sift in flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt.
- Stir everything together, until just combined. Do not overmix, or your banana bread will be tough.
- Pour into greased and floured loaf pan.
- Bake at 350º F on middle or lower shelf of the oven for about 60-70 minutes, until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. If bread is browning too quickly, cover with foil for the last 15-20 minutes.
Fill muffin tin and bake at 350 degrees F for 28-30 minutes.
Divide into 8 mini loaves, and bake for 25-30 minutes.
Our recipe card software calculates these nutrition facts based on averages for the above ingredients, different brands, and quality of produce/meats may have different nutritional information, always calculate your own based on the specific products you use in order to achieve accurate macros for this recipe.
Pin to your Breads board on Pinterest: