Easy Pineapple Lemonade
When you want an easy and delicious recipe for a refreshing spring or summer beverage, this pineapple lemonade is it. You get tart and sweet, totally refreshing, and easy to make from scratch. Because it is homemade lemonade, you get to adjust the sweetness and tartness to your preference, and the addition of the pineapple just elevates the whole thing.
Pineapple is a favorite flavor of mine, I love this Instant Pot Kalua Pork and Pineapple Salsa or this Pineapple Mojito, or another fun one, Pineapple Limeade! But here is why I really love this recipe for simple pineapple lemonade:
- Easy to Make: You can make this recipe for homemade lemonade, or you can just use country time or a pre-bought kind.
- Refreshing: The combination of lemon, lime, and pineapple is a special one. I am obsessed with this Peach Lemonade, but sometimes I just want to dip my toes in the pool with the most refreshing lemonade ever, and that is where this pineapple lemonade comes in handy.
- So Pretty: Maybe this is a silly reason to love this lemonade, but we eat with our eyes first, and the bright pops of yellow and the fun garnish makes this pineapple lemonade just so fun and pretty to serve. Making it perfect for a baby or bridal shower, or a party beverage.
- Customizable: Want it sweeter? Add more simple syrup. Want it with more tartness? Add extra lemon juice. Want to make it an adult beverage? Try a splash of vodka (or lemon vodka), or even a coconut rum for a pina colada vibe. It is so easy to customize and make this recipe your own.
What You Need to Make Pineapple Lemonade
Making this recipe is literally eazy peazy lemon squeezy! Hahaha and the ingredients are easy to find as it is just water, sugar, pineapple, lemons and lime. So here is what you need:
- Lemonade: If you are making your own you will need water, sugar, and fresh lemons to make lemon juice. Otherwise, pick your favorite lemonade.
- Pineapple: You want fresh pineapple, and you want it to be ripe for the best flavor. So smell the pineapple, check it out, and make sure it looks and smells ripe, but not going bad. If you are in a pinch you CAN use canned pineapple, but it isn’t quite as good, and tends to be a little sweeter, so add a little extra lime juice if you opt for canned pineapple.
- Lime Juice: I like fresh, but you can use whatever you’ve got. You just need a little to add a pop of flavor.
- A blender: I recommend a high powered blender to get the smoothest blend. I like my Blendtec or Ninja!
- Fine mesh strainer: This is optional, I like to strain out the pulpy parts of the pineapple after it is blended to make a thinner lemonade. But when I am in a hurry I skip this part and no one seems to complain.
- A pitcher or dispenser: Serve it up in a cute dispenser just to make it more fun.
How to Make Pineapple Lemonade
Making homemade pineapple lemonade is super simple so let’s go through the steps:
Step One: Make Lemonade
Buy it, make it, or whatever works for you. But you need about 8 cups of lemonade to start! I highly recommend making my recipe for homemade lemonade, and adjust it to your personal preference of sweetness or tartness.
Step Two: Blend Pineapple with Lemonade
You are going to use a few cups of your already made lemonade, to your fresh pineapple, and blend it all together. Seriously so simple.
Step Three: Combine
Now you are going to take the pineapple lemonade mixture and mix it with the rest of the lemonade. You can use a fine mesh strainer to strain out any of the pulp from the pineapple if you want it to be thinner or not separate once you put it in the fridge. You really don’t need to do this step if you don’t want. I like it both ways.
I also stir in a little lime juice because it just enhances all the flavors here!
Step Four: Garnish and Serve
One of the best things about tall glasses of lemonade in the summer for front porch sipping is having it look as good as it tastes. And thus the garnish. A little slice of pineapple and a sprig of mint. Trust me, it takes it up a notch.
This recipe is so perfect for all the summer parties, BBQ’s, potlucks, showers, or just a nice evening on a porch swing. Here is what I suggest serving it with:
Tips and Tricks
Making this recipe is Eazy Peazy, but here are a few tricks to make sure it turns out awesome every time:
- Tip One: Ice The Glass not the Pitcher
This is my favorite tip because it means no diluted lemonade. When serving on a hot day, add ice to the glasses when serving rather than the pitcher as a whole. This will keep it full flavored for as long as it takes to finish the pitcher.
- Tip Two: Fresh is Best
There are lots of ways to substitute for this recipe, from fresh lemons to bottled lemon juice, canned pineapple, etc. But my recommendation for the best results is to use fresh and ripe!
- Tip Three: Serve Immediately
While this lemonade can keep for a few days in the fridge, it is best freshly made, and it is super quick and easy to make, so mix it up just before you want to serve it.
Delicious Ways to Customize Your Pineapple Lemonade
This fresh pineapple lemonade is the perfect anthem for your summer sipping. It is all the things you want in a summer drink, but it can be customized, altered, and changed up for some fun variations. here are a few of my favorite alterations, but feel free to have fun:
- Make it Sparkle: Add a little bubble to your lemonade by swapping out the water for a carbonated version, such as club soda, or Sprite. Or add some soda to the finished product to make it carbonated.
- Make it Adult: Having adults over for some summer fun? Try adding some alcohol to this fun lemonade to make it a super great summer cocktail. Lemonade cocktails are awesome because you can use a variety of liquors to get your cocktail, just pick your favorite: gin, vodka, rum, and bourbon all go great with this recipe. Might I suggest coconut rum for a fun twist?
- Mix it up: While pineapple is already fruity, it pairs well with so many other fruits. Add fresh berries, purees, or even a fruit syrup to this lemonade to add a twist to this tropical favorite.
Make Ahead and Storage
How to make this recipe ahead of time:
- Make the Lemonade Ahead
- Then when ready to serve do the rest!
- Make as directed, then freeze and defrost when ready to serve
This recipe is best made fresh, but it will keep in the refrigerator for 2-3 days, if you can put it in an airtight pitcher that is best for preserving flavor.
If you want to make ahead, have lemons and pineapple you want to use, but aren’t ready to drink the lemonade right away, it can also be frozen for up to 2 months. Put it in a zip top bag, glass jar (with room for it to expand), or freezer safe container.
Tip: Pour leftovers into popsicle molds for a fun summer treat!
Other Great Recipes:
- Mango Lemonade
- Mango Black Tea Lemonade
- Pineapple Firecracker Chicken
- Healthy Pineapple Dole Whip
- Grilled Pineapple Chicken Teriyaki Burgers
- 1 recipe Homemade Lemonade
- 2 cups fresh pineapple
- 1 Tbs lime juice
- Mint optional
- Prepare lemonade according to the directions for homemade lemonade, set aside
- Reserve a few tablespoons of fresh pineapple to put in pitcher or glasses for garnish.
- Add the fresh pineapple and 3 cups of lemonade to a blender. Blend until smooth. Pour the mixture into a pitcher through a fine strainer or sieve. Or for a thicker lemonade, just pour it straight in.
- Finish: Add the remaining 5 cups of lemonade to the pitcher with the lime juice and stir. Add fresh pineapple, and mint to garnish.
Our recipe card software calculates these nutrition facts based on averages for the above ingredients, different brands, and quality of produce/meats may have different nutritional information, always calculate your own based on the specific products you use in order to achieve accurate macros for this recipe.
Pin to your Summer Beverages board on Pinterest: