Chicken Enchilada Bowls Keto-Friendly: a tasty, quick, fun take on the classic chicken enchilada recipe that is super enjoyable without loading your plate with unwanted carbs.
Make Chicken Enchilada Keto Bowls on a night when you are craving the fun flavors of chicken enchiladas, but you don’t want to have to deal with the hassle of rolling up one tortilla after another.
Chicken Enchilada Keto Bowls are a great meal for when you want a healthier dinner option to the traditional chicken enchilada recipe, but don’t want to sacrifice that delicious chicken enchilada flavor. This recipe will become a regular in you meal rotation, loaded with goodness and pure deliciousness.
How Do I Make Chicken Enchiladas?
Whether you are making chicken keto enchilada bowls or traditional enchiladas, either way it is a relatively easy dish to make. However, what is great about my chicken enchilada keto bowls is that you can skip the hassle of filling each tortilla one by one.
Basic Steps for Chicken Enchilada Keto Bowls:
- Combine enchilada sauce with other ingredients and cooked chicken in a pan. Bring to a boil and simmer.
- Shred chicken and return to pan to cook.
- Cook Cauliflower rice.
- Assemble bowls and add preferred toppings.
Chicken Enchilada Keto Bowls are a hearty, family-friendly meal with a lot of options for adding variation with toppings.
How Do You Make Easy Chicken Enchiladas?
Both Chicken Enchilada Keto Bowls and Chicken Enchiladas don’t have to be super time consuming dishes.
My chicken enchilada keto bowl recipe is easy peasy. It is not hard at all. However, there are a few things you can do to even further minimize your prep time.
How To Make Easy Chicken Enchilada Keto Bowls Even Easier:
- Buy precooked chicken
- Use a canned enchilada sauce
- Get already made guacamole
- Purchase already shredded cheese
What Do I Need For Chicken Enchiladas?
The ingredients needed for chicken enchiladas and chicken enchilada keto bowls are similar.
However, with chicken enchilada keto bowls you don’t have to worry about purchasing a bunch of tortillas, and the pesky carbs that go with it.
Ingredients for Chicken Enchilada Keto Bowls:
- Shredded chicken
- Red enchilada sauce
- Chicken bone broth
- Green chiles
- Red onion
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Cauliflower rice
- Chopped cilantro
- Guacamole or sliced avocado
- Shredded cheese
Chicken Enchilada Keto Bowls: A Great Alternative to Chicken Enchiladas!
If you think chicken enchiladas are an easy and quick mid week meal, then you have got to try these Chicken Enchilada Keto Bowls. Do I dare say they are even easier?
Chicken Enchilada Keto Bowls are a healthier and just as delicious option to your classic chicken enchilada dish. Great ingredients are used like guacamole, salsa, green chiles, chicken and cauliflower rice.
Did I say cauliflower rice? Yes I did. Cauliflower rice is a great alternative to traditional rice, allowing you to sneak in an extra serving of vegetables into your dish.
Try Chicken Enchilada Keto Bowls on a night that you want to make a fast, flavorful, healthier dish. And isn’t that almost every night?
If you are looking for great low carb options, you don’t want to miss these:
- Steak Fajitas Roll Ups
- Butter Chicken
- Keto Chicken Satay
- Garlic Rosemary Salmon
- Jalapeno Popper Stuffed Chicken
Chicken Enchiladas Bowl Keto
- 1.5 lbs chicken breast boneless, skinless
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups red enchilada sauce
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 4 ounces green chilies
- ¼ cup red onion chopped
- 12 ounces cauliflower rice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 Tbs cilantro chopped
- 1 avocado sliced
- 4 Tbs Shredded cheese
- 2 Tbs Salsa
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil.
- Sear all sides of the chicken breasts until lightly browned.
- Add the enchilada sauce, chicken broth, green chilies, and red onions, to the saute pan with the chicken. Bring to a boil.
- Turn down to a simmer on medium-low heat, and cover skillet with a lid.
- Cook for 10 minutes until chicken is cooked through and tender.
- Remove chicken and shred it. One trick is to put the chicken in a stand mixer with a paddle attachment, and mix to shred.
- Add the shredded chicken back to the sauce in the skillet, and turn the heat to medium and cook down sauce for about 5 minutes.
- Dice prefered toppings
- Prepare cauliflower rice per the bag’s instructions.
- Assemble the bowls: Place the cauliflower rice in the bottom, add a layer of enchilada chicken, and toppings of your choice.
Pin to your Keto Friendly board on Pinterest: