Instant Pot Meatloaf:
Instant pot meatloaf is a nourishing home cooked meal that is full of flavor. This meatloaf recipe is so good, and so easy to make you will be wondering how you ever lived without it.
The Instant Pot makes cooking meatloaf so easy. And the other perk is you can cook potatoes at the same time.
Instant Pot Meatloaf cooks in about 35 minutes and is a simple, yet tasty dish. Make this best ever Instant Pot Meatloaf recipe and get ready for lots and lots of compliments.
How Long Do You Cook Meatloaf In The Instant Pot?
Once the Instant Pot heats up, my Instant Pot Meatloaf cooks in the Instant Pot in just 35 minutes! And the potatoes cook at the same time, which makes this dish even better!
So, dump those ingredients in, form a loaf, sauce it, and wait for the Instant Pot to pressurize, and then your meal will be ready very shortly.
What Is The Best Meatloaf?
The best meatloaf is one that sticks together in a loaf, cuts easily, has a good ratio of binder to meat, has amazing flavor, a tasty sauce on top, and is easy to cook.
I really like this Instant Pot Meatloaf recipe because it checks all the boxes. It’s not hard, the meat loaf itself is full of flavor, and there is a great use of spices. The added parmesan cheese gives it a little bit of a salty flavor, with a fun twist to a traditional meatloaf.
And that sauce! Oh my goodness. It is not your traditional ketchup and sugar. But had depth of flavor and a tiny bit of kick from the horseradish.
Everyone who has ever tried it has agreed, it is the best meatloaf ever.
What Makes This The Best Instant Pot Meatloaf?
This meatloaf cooks perfectly in the Instant Pot and the sauce has well-balanced ingredients, making this meatloaf really delicious. What I love about cooking it in the Instant Pot is that it steams the meat, cooks it all the way through, while retaining moisture. It is a total win.
Ingredients in the Meatloaf Sauce:
- Brown Sugar
- Worcester Sauce
This is a combination that makes for one very tasty dinner!
What Do You Put In Meatloaf?
Whether you are making meatloaf in the Instant Pot or oven, there are some basic ingredients that a meatloaf usually consists of.
The Basic Ingredients For Meatloaf:
- Ground Beef
In addition to using these ingredients, this meatloaf recipe kicks it up a notch from your basic meatloaf with the use of spices, parmesan cheese, and a flavorful sauce, setting this Instant Pot Meatloaf apart from all the rest.
However, many meatloafs also have onions, carrots, and other vegetables. You could definitely add some if you want, but I love it as is.
How Do You Make Meatloaf In The Oven?
When you cook meatloaf in the oven, it is typically a two step process. You bake the meatloaf and then add the sauce or ketchup and cook for another 10 minutes or so.
When you use this meatloaf recipe, and you don’t use the Instant Pot, you should follow the same tactic.
Bake at 350 degrees until cooked through, about 40 minutes. Then add the sauce, and return to the oven for another 10 minutes.
I love that when you cook in the instant pot it is only a one set process, you don’t have to later add sauce and put it back in. If the meatloaf is done, then you just add more sauce after you take it out and then serve it.
What Are The Best Instant Pot Recipes?
The Instant Pot is truly a treasure. So many things can be cooked to perfection using this pressure cooker.
Like for example, Instant Pot Meatloaf, not only is it filling and flavorful, I like how the Instant Pot cooks this main with sides at the same time. While the meatloaf is cooking, you can add potatoes to the bottom of the pot with some water or broth, and cook them right along side it. Truly a one pot dinner.
In addition to Instant Pot Meatloaf, I have a lot of other favorite dishes I have made and continue to make in the Instant Pot.
10 Great Instant Pot Recipes:
- Instant Pot Greek Chicken Gyros with Tzatziki
- Instant Pot Chicken Taco Soup
- Instant Pot Sloppy Joes
- Instant Pot Korean Beef
- Instant Pot Mississippi Roast
- Instant Pot Beef Stew
- Instant Pot French Dip
- Instant Pot Beef Stroganoff
- Instant Pot Mississippi Chicken
- Instant Pot Sweet and Sour Chicken with Rice
There are so many family favorites that I have made using the Instant Pot.
Note: In addition to what has already been listed, there are even more Instant Pot favorites you can find on my blog.
Leave Room for Dessert!
Instant Pot Meatloaf is a must try. The only thing that I can think of that would make this dish even better is by ending the meal with an equally great dessert.
After eating this delicious meatloaf, before you leave the table have some Raspberry Pistachio Shortbread bars. They are one of my favorite treats.
Or, have some Cherry Cheesecake Butter Tarts, another delicious dessert choice.
You can’t go wrong with either one of these treats. Both will provide a great ending to your meal.
Want an instant pot dessert?
Tools Needed for Easy Instant Pot Meatloaf:
- Instant Pot: This instant pot is so versatile and is so quick and easy to use. It’s a must-have.
- Instant Pot Rack: If your instant pot does not come with this rack, then purchase it, because it is needed to keep ingredients separate in this recipe.
Easy Instant Pot Meatloaf
- 2 lbs hamburger
- 1 1/2 cups of bread crumbs
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan Cheese
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic fresh
- 1 tsp Steak Seasoning
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 lb baby red potatoes
Sauce for top:
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 Tbs horseradish sauce
- 2/3 cup of ketchup
- 1 Tbs dijon mustard
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- Add all of the meatloaf ingredients in a bowl and mix it together with your hands.
- Form into a rounded loaf about a centimeter smaller in diameter than your instant pot. (Make sure it fits)
- In a separate bowl, mix together the sauce ingredients, and set aside.
- Clean and quarter the baby red potatoes.
- In a 6 qt or larger instant pot, add 1 cup beef broth and add the potatoes.
- Use the trivet/rack that came with the pressure cooker, and place over top of the potatoes.
- Place the meatloaf into a instant pot safe pan, or make a foil packet for it.
- Spread about half of the sauce on top of the meatloaf, reserving the other half for after it's done cooking.
- Place the meatloaf foil packet or pan into the Instant pot, over the potatoes, on the rack. Make sure there is enough room on the sides for steam to come up the edges.
- Place the lid on the instant pot, and set the valve to sealing.
- Cook on manual pressure, high for 35 minutes.
- When the timer is up quick release the steam by turning the valve.
- Remove the lid, and use a meat thermometer to check the doneness of the meatloaf.
- If it's not done, simply put it back in the pressure cooker and add another 5 minutes.
- Once cooked through, remove the meatloaf from the instant pot, and the potatoes, discard any remaining liquid.
- Add the remaining sauce to the top of the meatloaf and place on a baking sheet and broil it for about 5 minutes to caramelize the topping.
- Garnish with fresh chopped parsley, and cut into slices.
- Serve with the potatoes and enjoy!
Our recipe card software calculates these nutrition facts based on averages for the above ingredients, different brands, and quality of produce/meats may have different nutritional information, always calculate your own based on the specific products you use in order to achieve accurate macros for this recipe.
Pin to your instant pot board: