Sloppy Joe Twice Baked Potatoes: These are twice baked potatoes stuffed with sloppy joe meat for a tangy, hearty, and delicious meal. Call it #ManwichMonday and watch your family lick their plates clean.
Have your lives been crazy lately? I know mine has. Between travel (we took the kids to Paris for a week), work, school, and all those extra things we tend to throw in, dinner times sometimes get left by the wayside.
I love having family meals around the dinner table, but those meals have to be easy to make, or they just don’t happen. That is why I am so excited to share today’s recipe with you guys. These Sloppy Joe Twice Baked Potatoes are a fun twist on a classic recipe, so delicious, totally kid friendly, and ridiculously easy to make. The perfect Monday meal.
In fact, you can even do some of the work ahead of time to make things easier on the day you are serving them. I washed up the potatoes in the morning, wrapped them in foil,and popped them in the oven to bake.
Later I browned up some hamburger, and stirred in some Manwich sauce (It is just sauce, no meat). I went with Original because I just love that classic hearty sauce with the sweet tangy taste, but there is also Bold and Thick & Chunky, and all 3 are awesome. www.Manwich.com/sloppy-joe-sauce
Then a bit before I was ready to serve, I scooped out the insides of the potatoes, filled them with the Sloppy Joe meat, and then took the insides, added some extra stuff for “yum”, like sour cream and seasonings, whipped them into mashed potatoes, and piped them on top. And by “piped” I really just mean I scooped them into a big plastic bag, snipped off the end, and squeezed them on top. I’m fancy like that.
Then I baked them for 25 minutes.
At the end of the 25 minutes, I turned the oven on to broil for 2-3 minutes to brown up the top just a touch. Then I topped them with some delicious fresh parsley.
And oh how they turned out so delicious.
So delicious my kids dug right in, no complaints, no distractions. In fact, this yummy meal had them completely forgetting their shows, games, and other distractions. It was great. At Manwich they call this the The Kid-Stopping Power of Manwich because it makes meals a messy-licious treat to be enjoyed with both hands – giving moms and dads an easy, quality ingredient to bring the family’s attention back to mealtime and away from everyday distractions. We just call it delicious! And a mom-win!
Definitely give this one a try if you have small kids, they will love it!
Sloppy Joe Twice Baked Potatoes
- 6 big russet baker potatoes
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 can Manwich Original
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 ounces cream cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1-2 Tbs heavy whipping cream or milk
- Fresh parsley
- Black ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Wash potatoes, poke with a fork, and then brush olive oil on the outside, season with salt, and wrap in foil.
- Bake in oven for 2-3 hours until soft
- Remove from oven and allow to cool enough to handle.
- Brown ground beef in a medium sized skillet over medium heat.
- Drain off any grease
- Open the Manwich and dump over ground beef, stir it all together.
- At least half an hour before ready to serve, preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Cut potatoes in half horizontally, and scoop out the centers into a bowl, set aside
- Fill centers with Sloppy Joe meat mixture, set aside
- Add cream cheese, sour cream, garlic powder, and 1 Tbs milk/cream to the bowl with potatoes and mix to form mashed potatoes, add additional liquid to reach desired consistency.
- Scoop potatoes into a gallon sized bag, and then snip off a corner and "pipe" mashed potatoes over the sloppy joe meat mixture inside the potato skins.
- Bake for 25 minutes
- Turn oven to broil and broil 2-3 minutes until browned on top
- Garnish with fresh parsley and salt and pepper and serve
Our recipe card software calculates these nutrition facts based on averages for the above ingredients, different brands, and quality of produce/meats may have different nutritional information, always calculate your own based on the specific products you use in order to achieve accurate macros for this recipe.
You can find Manwich products in stores near you, use the ConAgra Foods’ Website, product locator to see where.
Get more Manwich Monday Recipes here!
Follow Manwich on Twitter for a few good laughs and a bunch of great recipes.
Would you like to win a #ManwichMonday prize pack? Complete with spoon, tote, $50 gift card, stainless steel pot, and 3 cans of Manwich? It is so easy to enter, all you have to do is visitt manwich.com/easy-recipes, choose your favorite recipe and then comment here to tell me what it is! You can get an additional entry by following @Manwich on Twitter, just let me know in your comment. Winner will be chosen randomly and emailed! Must live in the US to enter. Contest runs 2-6-2016 to 2-14-2016!