A layered punch that is super fun, tasty, and awesome for the Holidays!
Have you guys ever tried a layered punch before? I love the idea. I remember the first time I saw one it was a 4th of July punch. Someone figured out that if you found three drinks with different sugar contents that you could layer them together to create a fun looking punch.
The way it works is the drink with the heaviest sugar content goes on the bottom, and you layer up. You have to be careful when you pour so that you don’t mix them, and an awesome way to do that is by adding lots of ice. That way the ice can help break it up, and thus, there is less pressure, and it won’t mix.
So if you want an awesome layered punch, no matter what colors you are going for, start with a sugary beverage like a soda, then choose a slightly less sugary beverage, like a sports drink, and then go even lighter with a flavored water type drink. If you are unsure, just read the labels.
Then create this super cute and fun look! My kids really get a kick out of this. The punch tastes great, but more fun is that it is festive. Why are cute food and drinks just so much better?
Anyway, let’s get to the recipe.
Candy Corn Punch
- Ice- Crushed is best.
- Orange soda
- Yellow Gatorade or Powerade
- Zero Calorie Vitamin Water Lemonade flavored
- Fill your glass with ice.
- Add 1/3 of the cup with the orange soda, try to pour on the side so that the ice does not get dyed orange
- Then pour 1/3 of the glass with your yellow sports drink. Pour over the ice so that it doesn't mix into the orange, and pour slow.
- Pour the last 1/3 of the glass with your Vitamin Water, again pour slow, and pour over the ice!
Our recipe card software calculates these nutrition facts based on averages for the above ingredients, different brands, and quality of produce/meats may have different nutritional information, always calculate your own based on the specific products you use in order to achieve accurate macros for this recipe.
Leave a Reply