This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #VIVALAMORENA #CollectiveBias
Incredibly tender and flavorful, these Slow Cooker Pineapple Chipotle Ribs are the ultimate football watching food. They are hearty, finger licking good, pack a bit of a kick, and have so much flavor everyone goes home a winner!
Homegaiting is my favorite part of the football season. All the delicious foods, and the fun atmosphere of rivalries and friends and family. This Slow Cooker Pineapple Chipotle Ribs recipe is perfect for game watching. It feeds a crowd, and is tender and tasty for those worked up appetites. Plus it is super easy to make, leaving you plenty of time to watch the action on the field. In fact, most of the work can be done ahead of time by mixing up spice rubs, and blending up a rich, thick, and tasty chipotle barbecue sauce that will have your guests begging for seconds.
I know you are in suspense. But before we get to the juicy details of what makes this Slow Cooker Pineapple Chipotle Ribs recipe so special, let me just show you how truly simple it is. And mention, that while I used boneless pork ribs for this recipe, I made it with beef ribs a few days later (because I couldn’t get enough), and it was delicious on beef too. And if you aren’t a fan of bone out, make the rub and BBQ sauce, and slather it on a full on rack of ribs. You are going to love it!
Ok, are you drooling yet?
I know my mouth is watering just thinking about these ribs, and I am wanting to make them again. And again. And again.
One of the reasons I love this sauce so much is the ingredients pack a flavor punch, and are high quality. The chipotle peppers are key. I use LA MORENA® brand, as it is a trusted flavor in the chiles and peppers category. Consumers won’t be disappointed by the products. When I want something that is of the highest quality and made in the style and taste of authentic Mexican home and traditional recipes, that is what I choose.
That chipotle with a kick. Then the sweetness of pineapple, and all the delicious spices. It just makes this a sauce I want to put on everything. And then eat ALL. THE. FOOD. The thing about this sauce is it is a raw sauce, so it is better when it cooks down for a bit. It will also help take a little of the bite off, so if you don’t want a big kick, it can tone it down some.
This is one of the reasons Slow Cooker Pineapple Chipotle Ribs is such a great slow cooker sauce. As it cooks low and slow, the flavors meld, and it saturates your pork ribs until they are flavorful, smoky, and tender. And you get this rich, luscious sauce. Then you can finish them with more sauce in the oven on broil, or on a grill for those bits of caramelization. Slow Cooker Pineapple Chipotle Ribs are a thing of beauty. And quite the game food! When it comes time for watching a game, and eating foods that are drippy, messy, spicy, finger-lickingly delicious, I choose Slow Cooker Pineapple Chipotle Ribs! Give them a try. I think you might agree.
Pineapple Chipotle Slow Cooker Boneless Ribs are delicious on their own. And great served with crispy potato skins topped with LA MORENA® Sliced Jalapeños.
Other Slow Cooker recipes you might enjoy:
- Slow Cooker Honey Lime Chicken Tacos
- Five-Cheese Slow Cooker Macaroni
- Easy Garlic Lime Chicken – Crock Pot
- Easy Slow Cooker French Dip Sandwiches
- Slow Cooker Chicken Fajitas
Slow Cooker Pineapple Chipotle Ribs
- 1½ Tbs paprika
- 1 Tbs salt
- 1½ Tbs garlic powder
- ½ Tbs black pepper
- 1 Tbs onion powder
- ½ Tbs dried thyme
- ½ Tbs dried oregano
- 1 Tbs chipotle chili powder
- 5 lb boneless pork rib
Pineapple Chipotle BBQ Sauce
- 14 oz can petite diced tomato
- 20 oz can pineapple tidbits in juice
- 13 oz can LA MORENA® Chipotle Peppers in Adobo
- 1 large yellow onion diced
- 2 Tbs minced garlic
- 2 Tbs tomato paste
- 3 Tbs brown sugar
- 1/3 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tbs LA MORENA® Chipotle Sauce
- ½ tbsp salt
- Black pepper
- Combine the Rub ingredients in a bowl.
- Pat the ribs dry, then rub with the Rub.
- Place in slow cooker and cook on low heat for 4 hours
- I have a Hamilton Beach slow cookerand I love it because I can set the cook time and when it has finished it will automatically switch to warm.
- Meanwhile, make the BBQ Sauce by combining all the BBQ sauce ingredients in a large blender or food processor, and processing until smooth.
- I have a Blendtec blender which is a lot of blender for this recipe but it is just what I need for a lot of other recipes.
- After 4 hours cook time, drain the ribs(if necessary), and dump sauce over the top, reserving about a cup to a cup and a half for finishing.
- Cook 2 more hours until completely tender. Stir well to get the sauce well incorporated
- To finish the ribs off, grill/broil for 5 to 10 minutes to get a nice caramelized finish on top (optional)
- Garnish and Enjoy!
Our recipe card software calculates these nutrition facts based on averages for the above ingredients, different brands, and quality of produce/meats may have different nutritional information, always calculate your own based on the specific products you use in order to achieve accurate macros for this recipe.
I got everything I needed for this Slow Cooker Pineapple Chipotle Ribs recipe and to make my homegaiting a success at Walmart.
Pin to your Football Food board:
Free Weekly Meal Plan
Get a FREE weekly meal plan sent to your inbox, with shopping list! And the occasional update!