How to Make Your Own:
Bread, tortillas, pancakes, etc. Often we buy these already made, or in a box mix. But what happens if you can’t find them at the store? Or can’t get to the store to get them? Make them from scratch!
During this unprecedented time, we are seeing food shortages, and are finding some of our favorite products are hard to get.
Many convenience foods are gone, and This means being able to whip up a quesadilla just got harder. Why? Because you maybe you can’t find tortillas. But this post is here to help you make some of those convenient items from scratch at home.
I will continue adding to this post as I can.
While I can’t show you how to make your own toilet paper, I can share with you how to make your own of the following:
- Bread: If you can’t find bread in the store, this recipe for Honey Whole Wheat Bread is amazing.
- Biscuits: Can’t find a tube of biscuits for slow cooker pot pie, or biscuits and gravy. Make it from scratch with this easy Buttermilk Biscuits recipe. They taste better too!
- Brownies: Don’t have a brownie mix and can’t find one? Don’t worry, this recipe for Chewy Chocolate Brownies will have you never going back to the box.
- Enchilada Sauce: It is easy to make your own, and so flavorful too. Homemade enchilada sauce is our favorite.
- Hummus: If you have chick peas and a blender, and a few other ingredients, you can make your own homemade hummus that is amazing.
- Marinades: Marinades make your average meal taste so much better, and I have a whole collection of them, so you are sure to find your favorite: Homemade Marinades
- Mayo: Make your own mayonnaise with this easy recipe.
- Meatballs: Meatballs are great as appetizers, in pasta, in a sandwich, and more. And they are a great thing to have on hand to toss a quick meal together. Here is how to make Homemade Meatballs.
- Nut Milk: Need almond milk for your smoothies? Have a dairy allergy. Make your own with this tutorial for How to Make Nut Milk.
- Nut Butter: You can make your own nut butter too. And control how much sugar is in it, Make Your Own Nut Butter.
- Pancakes: Run out of pancake mix? No worries, these healthy whole wheat pancakes can be made from scratch in no time.
- Pie Crust: Making your own pie crust is not as scary or complicated as you might think. Here is our family favorite recipe for flaky pie crust.
- Salad Dressing: Mixing up your own salad dressings is easy. Like this Poppyseed dressing, or this Honey Mustard.
- Salsa: I particularly like this recipe because it uses canned goods for a lot of the ingredients, which makes it easier to make year round. Make your own salsa.
- Spaghetti Sauce: Can’t find your favorite jarred sauce? Make it from scratch and freeze it for later, Homemade Spaghetti Sauce.
- Tazatziki: Homemade is so much better. Tzatziki recipe.
- Teriyaki Sauce: Amp up boring chicken and rice with teriyaki. This homemade teriyaki sauce is both easy and amazing.
- Tortillas: Did you know fresh made tortillas are way better than the store bought version anyway? Here is How to Make Tortillas.
- Waffles: Make them fresh with this Classic Waffles recipe, or make them for your freezer using this homemade freezer waffles recipe that you reheat in a toaster.